The average SAT score range for admitted students at the University of Miami is 1340-1490.
See below for more information
The University of Miami is a prestigious institution with high academic standards that requires a solid SAT score for admission. According to the university website, the average SAT score range for admitted students is 1340-1490, but keep in mind that other factors such as GPA, extracurricular activities, and application essays are also considered.
Here are some interesting facts about the University of Miami and SAT scores:
- The University of Miami is a private research university located in Coral Gables, Florida, and was founded in 1925.
- The university has a selective acceptance rate of around 27%.
- The SAT is one of two standardized tests that the university accepts for admission, with the other being the ACT.
- The university is test-optional for the class of 2025 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but still recommends submitting scores if possible.
- Famous alumni of the University of Miami include actor Sylvester Stallone, singer Gloria Estefan, and former Florida governor Jeb Bush.
As a visual aid, here is a table showing the average SAT scores for admitted students at the University of Miami for the past five years:
|YEAR||AVERAGE SAT SCORE RANGE|
In the words of former University of Miami president Donna Shalala, “The University of Miami stands for excellence in teaching, research, and service to our community. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best and brightest students from around the world.”
Video response to “What SAT score do I need to get into University of Miami?”
In this video, a YouTuber interviews students from the University of Miami about their experiences and how they got accepted into the school. The video emphasizes that there is no single formula for getting into UM, and that a range of students with different GPAs, test scores, and extracurricular activities were accepted. What stood out was the students’ love for the university and their happiness with being there. Despite challenges, they spoke of pushing through and feeling that they were meant to attend UM. The video’s takeaway message is that while getting into a dream school may not be easy, persistence and finding a place where you can be happy are key.
Here are some other responses to your query
Half the applicants admitted to University of Miami have an SAT score between 1300 and 1460 or an ACT score of 30 and 33. However, one quarter of admitted applicants achieved scores above these ranges and one quarter scored below these ranges.
To get into University of Miami, you need to have at least 1270 as your SAT score. However, SAT scores lower than 1270 can still get you in if your application stands out. The school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 1270 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. Some students could be accepted with SAT’s as low as 1180.
You need to have at least 1270 as your SAT score to get into University Of Miami. SAT score lower than 1270 still can get you in but your application need to stand out.
University of Miami typically requires applicants to be in the top 15 percent of SAT test takers. The school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 1270 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT’s as low as 1180.
People also ask
- 49,196. TOTAL NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS.
- 19% ADMISSION RATE.
- 3.8. AVERAGE UNWEIGHTED GPA ON A 4.0 SCALE.
- 1390 – 1500. MIDDLE 50% OF SAT TEST SUPERSCORE.
- 31 – 34. MIDDLE 50% OF ACT TEST SUPERSCORE.
- 51% FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS WHO SPEAK MORE THAN ONE LANGUAGE.